Our client, a market leading energy company has an immediate need for an Engineering Project Manager for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity based in their Edmonton office.
Are you a project manager with experience in inline inspection and corrosion protection? As the Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the pipeline system through the execution of cleaning, corrosion inhibitor injection and inline inspection programs. You will apply project management principles to ensure programs are safely, optimally and efficiently planned, executed and monitored.
What You Will Do:
• Execute Pipeline Integrity's Monitoring Program (inline inspections, cleaning pigs, inhibition injection and ECP program) and be accountable for its scope, schedule and budget.
• Ensure effective and regular communication with partner groups including: Regional Operations, Control Centre Operations, Project Groups, Pipeline Integrity Scoping, and Inline Inspection and other Third-Party Vendors when planning and executing programs.
• Manage and coordinate inline inspection contracts and lead vendor execution and associated relations.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree or Technical diploma in Engineering from a recognized university or college.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA or Engineering Technologist with ASET.
• 7 or more years of related experience, integrity inspection experience is preferred.
• The ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet task, deliverable, and deadline requirements while managing stakeholder expectations.
• Effective and professional interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with peers, management, internal/external partners, vendors and service providers.
• Proactive teammate who learns from experience, and quickly adapts to new situations.
• Proven track record to initiate and handle change, be innovative, tackle problems, think strategically, and prioritize key tasks.
• This role is primarily based in an office environment with regular travel to other offices and field locations during launch and/or receipt of inspection tools, occasionally requiring work outside of normal-business hours.
• Occasional travel is also required to suppliers’/vendors’ sites. Typical travel involves one to two trips per month, up to a week in duration each.
• 24 hour availability is required when inspection tools are active.
• Work outside regular business hours may be required to supervise and keep upcoming inline inspection projects on track.
• A valid passport and ability to work and travel within Canada and the United States.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you are a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.