We are looking for an Electrical Engineer on behalf of our client, a leader in waste/water treatment and chemicals. Reporting to the Lead Engineer, they will complete design documents in concert with Process, Mechanical and Instrumentation and Controls engineers, as well as various project support functions (Document Control, Sourcing, Finance, etc).
- Generating, checking or approving Process & Instrument Diagrams, single line diagrams, I/O lists, loop (termination) diagrams, control logic diagrams, power distribution designs, control system architecture (PLC/DCS) and general design specifications.
- Control panel design; including, but not limited to, panel layout, termination drawings, and compiling a bill of materials
- Support vendor selection and equipment procurement, managing vendor documents and ensuring our suppliers are on track and performing.
- Build and maintain knowledge of local and national electrical codes and requirements.
- Maintain project schedule and document reporting for the Lead Engineer.
- Act as a technical customer contact, participating in project status updates, design reviews, installation support and commissioning supervision.
- The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering field – Electrical or Controls preferred
- Two to five years’ electrical engineering experience
- Strong engineering foundation and is skilled at working across teams, communicating complex ideas and integrating systems
- Experience with low and medium voltage power distribution system design
- Clear, concise communication skills and a Strict attention to detail
- Experience in industrial processes and system engineering
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with hazardous location classification/technologies
- Professional Engineer’s License, or the ability to obtain one within 1 year, preferred but not required.
- Experience in water treatment, oil & gas, chemical or power fields
- Experience with Motor Control Center (MCC) design
- French, Spanish or Chinese language skills may be useful