We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Engineering Project Lead
Resume Due Date: Friday, August 14th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
· Responsible for managing the assigned modifications and coordinating with support organizations to ensure modification deliverables are completed with quality by the scheduled need dates.
· Performs Modification and Field Team Leader (MTL/FTL) activities as outlined in N-PROC-MP-0090, Modification Process. The majority of the work will be in the installation planning, available for service / operations turnover, and closeout phases of the Engineering Change Control Process but may include supporting other phases of the process.
· Facilitates and expedites resolution of project technical issues in order to meet the overall cost and schedule project objectives.
· Provides field oversight for installation and commissioning activities.
· Reviews the operations turnover plan, if required, and ensures deliverables prior to commissioning have been completed.
· Champions resolution of any outstanding issues impeding the start of installation and commissioning, including reviewing the Issue Tracking File (ITF) and bringing to closure any items from the post installation walk down that are required prior to installation and commissioning.
· Ensures that all intent revisions and Field Initiated Changes (FICs) are reflected in formal EC revisions and are approved prior to operations acceptance and prior to Available for Service (AFS).
· Leads Temporary Modification (TMOD) removal, AFS and Operation Acceptance process activities.
· Ensures open items in the ITF required for Temporary Modification (TMOD) removal, operations acceptance and AFS are completed, and that other open items are recorded in action tracking.
· Review Construction Completion Declarations (CCDs) where the executing organization is a Contractor to ensure completion of field work in support of preparation and approval of the CCD package.
· Ensures proper status of Engineering Changes (ECs) in asset suite (AS7).
· Confirms all open items are completed for each EC within six months of AFS, Operations Acceptance, or TMOD removal.
· Closes Project ECs and closes the Master EC once all design ECs and project ECs are closed.
· Supports the Engineering and Project Section manager in department initiatives and reporting activities.
· Experience in executing OPG’s Engineering Change Control Process (N-PROC-MP-0090) required.
· Must have experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
· Minimum B.Eng. or equivalent is required in the field of Mechanical Engineering or Nuclear Engineering.
· Must have Pressure Boundary experience as it applies to CSA N285 and ASME.